The whole world is facing the climate challenge and is now engaging into decarbonisation, each country defining its own pathways to reach global targets. The energy transition relies on the commitment of global organisations, countries, and individuals to define and follow the steps to move in the common direction of emissions mitigation.
The first NDCs (Nationally Determined Contributions defined at the 2015 Paris Agreement) aimed at a modest target of containing climate change to +3°C. The latest NDCs, published in 2020, do show progress, but achieving them would only represent 30 to 40% of what is needed to meet the 2050 2°C goal.
Enerdata has invested in analysing global energy markets in order to help public authorities build energy and climate policies while supporting industrial actors in adapting their business strategies.
This approach to understanding energy markets has been extended to analyse GHG emissions for government bodies to shape their energy/climate policies, and financial institutions and investors to redirect to green projects.
At local level, this expertise is completed with a deep understanding of energy drivers by sector, along with Enerdata’s capacity to support the design of energy efficiency policies and assess their impact on energy demand and CO2 emissions.
Three core teams:
- Global Energy Forecasting
- Energy Efficiency and Demand
- Clean Tech
- Supply and demand data and intensities indicators delivery for the Renewables 2021 Global Status Report from REN21.
- Information delivery with POLES model, on the possible consequences of increasing GHG ambition in the range of 50% to 55% reductions by 2030 for the European Commission report “Stepping up Europe’s 2030 climate ambition”.
- Data and estimates delivery for the yearly publication “Dashboard of Energy Transition” by Engie.
- Data and short-term forecasts delivery for the study comparing G20 climate action and their responses to the Covid-19 crisis by Climate Transparency.
- Analysis of the EU energy-climate policies and recommendations to align them with Paris Agreement targets by I4CE
Related Products & Solutions
Enerdata’s experts bring you the essentials about your market and competitors.
Recognised, comprehensive simulation model for worldwide energy supply, demand and prices.
Assessment of emissions reduction options for different climate / energy scenarios.
Economic VALUAtion for Trading Emissions.
The final report from Enerdata’s Global Energy Forecasting department completed for the UK’s Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)&...
Mind the gap: Aligning the 2030 EU climate and energy policy framework to meet long-term climate goals
The study “Mind the gap”: Aligning the 2030 EU climate and energy policy framework to meet long-term climate goals for a better coordination...
In this analytical publication, we take a look at the current status of nuclear power generation in several countries around the world – inc...
Enerdata and Compass Lexecon have leveraged their European Power Markets Outlook Service in this detailed presentation, which includes an ov...
Enerdata has leveraged its Odyssee and Global Energy and CO2 databases to publish a report to explore the evolution of the transi...