Publicly Available Client Reports and Apps
As part of our consulting work, we provide our expertise and knowledge on different energy topics such as energy efficiency, emissions scenarios, databases and historical data.
Below are some publicly available studies in which Enerdata has been involved. Have a look at our work for: REN21, CAPGEMINI, EC-Trinomics, EC-Enerdata, ENEL, EC, ENGIE, CLIMATE TRANSPARENCY, GECF, CEPAL, EPE, CONUEE, I4CE, BEIS.
Energy costs, taxes and the impact of government interventions on investments, Final report, summary
Enerdata provided information on fossil fuel and renewable energy subsidies in the EU, as well as LCOE and LCOH in the G20.
Study on energy prices, costs and their impact on industry and households
Enerdata had a key role in this project, leading the task groups on Analysis of energy prices and Power technologies profitability and hourly data collection.
Sustainable paths for EU increased climate and energy ambition
Enerdata and Compass Lexecon worked together to provide a combined modelling approach able to address both the entire energy sector covering the full EU economy and the power sector in a granular way.
Stepping up Europe’s 2030 climate ambition
Enerdata participated to this analysis, using its POLES model to provide information on the possible consequences of increasing GHG ambition in the range of 50% to 55% reductions by 2030.
Dashboard of Energy Transition
Enerdata provided essential data and estimates for the new version of this yearly publication, and signed a keynote message on the potential impacts of Covid-19 on the energy transition.
Comparing G20 climate action and reponses to the covid-19 crisis
Enerdata provided key energy data up to 2020 and short-term forecasts for this study comparing G20 climate action and their responses to the Covid-19 crisis.
Mind the gap: Aligning the 2030 EU climate and energy policy framework to meet long-term climate goals
This Enerdata/I4CE study analyses the EU energy-climate policies and provides options to align them with its Paris Agreement targets.
Costs and Benefits to EU Member States of 2030 Climate and Energy Targets
Every year Enerdata produces Marginal Abatement Cost Curves for the British department of Energy and Industrial Strategy, through its POLES model.
Market, Competitive and Technology Intelligence
- Objective: continuously inform managers on the company’s suppliers strategic information. Produce a monthly analysis for the board;
- Enerdata developed a dedicated Content Management System (CMS) and implemented a daily watch from numerous national and local sources related to the 100 suppliers, in order to deliver a monthly newsletter and alerts to be read by subscribers;
- The tool also allows employees to report information from the field.
- Data mining concerning 200 power utilities in 11 European countries to help SE to understand the evolution of their sales and perspectives in different utilities segments (Transport, Distribution, Production);
- Information collected: information on CAPEX, financial indicators, investments orientation, etc.;
- Calculation of strategic KPIs.
- Bespoke version of the EnerNeo model up to 2050;
- Scenario definition and analysis.
- Custom version of EVALUATE to assess Intended National Determined Contributions (INDCs) of G20;
- EVALUATE covers all type of climate change mitigation pledges by 2030 and assess economic and sectoral impacts. It also estimates the remaining gap to the global 2°C target;
- Training session in Brazil.
Efficiency Monitoring Indicators
- Objective: promote and support development, introduction and implementation of energy efficiency policies around the world, by identifying recent trends in energy efficiency performance, by
- identifying recent trends in energy efficiency performance;
- describing and evaluates energy efficiency policies.
- Action in the frame of UN/Cepal and IPEEC (International Partnership for Energy Efficiency Cooperation of G20);
- Assistance to Latin and Central American countries (19 countries) for data collection on energy consumption and their drivers (similar to Odyssee);
- Calculation of energy efficiency Indicators;
- Display of data and indicators in a regional database and a data mapper for 13 countries;
- Production of a regional report on energy efficiency trends in Latin America;
- On-site user training (14 workshops);
- Publication: https://biee-cepal.enerdata.net/.
- Develop a tool for energy data processing and analysis system (Excel data template inspired by Odyssee), mainly energy consumption by sector, sub-sector and end-use and their drivers;
- Data collection based on several surveys made by 2 specialised local survey companies;
- Processing of survey results done by another specialised local company under the coordination of Enerdata;
- Estimation of energy consumption by end-use for residential and tertiary and by type of vehicle for transport using the survey results and existing statistics based on a methodology developed by Enerdata for the project.
- ENTRANZE project (Policies to Enforce the Transition to nearly Zero-Energy Buildings in the EU-27): actively support policymaking by providing the required data, analysis and guidelines to achieve the fast and effective penetration of nearly Zero-Energy Buildings (nZEB) and renewable heating and cooling (RES-H/C) within the existing national building stocks;
- The project intended to connect building experts from European research and academia to national decision makers and key stakeholders with a view to building ambitious and reality-proof policies and roadmaps;
- Deliverables: database, online application;
- Publications: Entranze Data Tool.
Climate Strategy / Policy Assessment
- COPEC = Coordination of European Policies on Energy and CO2 with the EU-ETS;
- Objective: Ex-post + ex-ante assessment of the EU-ETS including ongoing reform;
- Stakeholders: French Ministry of Environment (DGEC), French Ministry of Treasury, EDF, Engie, Dalkia, Veolia, Total;
- 5 thematic workshops;
- Report and dissemination (COP21, Washington, papers).
- VALORCO project (Valorisation and reduction of CO2 emissions in the industry);
- Large consortium project for ArcelorMittal under coordination of ADEME, strong focus on physico-chemical processes for CO2 reduction and reuse;
- 6 POLES model custom scenarios designed and analysed by Enerdata.
- Definition of 6 scenarios.
- Energy CO2 Business as Usual Emissions Projections and Marginal Abatement Cost Curve Data.
- Key deliverables are:
- Energy balances for BAU scenario (calibrated on WEO Current Policies Scenario);
- Databases for 3 MACC sets (various carbon price paths);
- Project report.
- Calibration of the POLES model with the clients’ assumptions, to generate long-term global energy scenarios assessing impacts of climate constraints on ROI and on the business. Close cooperation with the client. Yearly update of scenarios and analysis.
- Elaboration of Electricity Infrastructure Inv. Cost reference database for Africa:
- Power generation (hydro, coal ST, gas GT+CC+ST+Engines), liquids (ST+Engines), wind, solar PV+CSP);
- Electricity transmission;
- Electricity distribution.
- Detailed assessment of 20 infrastructure projects financed by the AfDB on the African continent: power generation; electricity transmission+distribution+rural development.
- Recommendations for the AfDB to follow up and manage costs of its electricity infrastructure projects.
- Objective: understanding the trends in electricity consumption in Europe and to highlight the role of the different drivers, especially the impacts of energy efficiency, of the economic crisis since 2009 and substitution.
- Analysis was carried out at both EU and country level (for the five largest EU countries i.e. Germany, France, Italy, Spain and UK). It included historical analysis (based on Odyssee database) and prospective views (based on CEDF scenarios).
Investment / Risk Assessment
- The fund was looking to acquire an oil storage facility in Europe.
- Enerdata was hired to support the commercial due diligence analysis.
- Objective: challenge the EC’s GHG40 Scenario from the Jan-2014 Impact Assessment to shape the company’s strategy;
- Deliverable: 3 alternative POLES model scenarios (and associated analysis) with additional policies concerning energy efficiency and renewable energies;
- Conducted comparison study of key indicators between the EC’s Impact Assessment scenarios and the Enerdata-Iberdrola scenarios;
- Analysis of the implications of including energy efficiency and renewable energies policies on top of an emissions objective in 2030 in terms of total cost indicators;
- For a leading European utility;
- Custom POLE Scenario.