As part of our consulting work, we provide our expertise and knowledge on different energy topics such as energy efficiency, emissions scenarios, databases and historical data.
Below are some publicly available studies in which Enerdata has been involved. Have a look at our work for: EPE, CEPAL, REN21, GECF, ENGIE, CONUEE, BEIS, CLIMATE TRANSPARENCY, EC, Trinomics
For a leading European power transport company:
- Objective: continuously inform managers on the company’s suppliers strategic information. Produce a monthly analysis for the board;
- Enerdata developed a dedicated Content Management System (CMS) and implemented a daily watch from numerous national and local sources related to the 100 suppliers, in order to deliver a monthly newsletter and alerts to be read by subscribers;
- The tool also allows employees to report information from the field.
For the UAE Ministry of Energy support long term forecasting of energy demand and supply:
- Bespoke version of the EnerNeo model model up to 2050;
- Scenario definition and analysis.
For the World Bank and the Brazilian Ministry of Environment:
- Custom version of EVALUATE to assess Intended National Determined Contributions (INDCs) of G20;
- EVALUATE covers all type of climate change mitigation pledges by 2030 and assess economic and sectoral impacts. It also estimates the remaining gap to the global 2°C target;
- Training session in Brazil.
Efficiency Monitoring Indicators
For the World Energy Council:
- Objective: promote and support development, introduction and implementation of energy efficiency policies around the world, by identifying recent trends in energy efficiency performance, by
- identifying recent trends in energy efficiency performance;
- describing and evaluates energy efficiency policies.
For the Center for Renewable Energies Sources:
- Develop an for energy data processing and analysis system (Excel data template inspired by Odyssee), mainly energy consumption by sector, sub-sector and end-use and their drivers;
- Data collection based on several surveys made by 2 specialised local survey companies;
- Processing of survey results done by another specialised local company under the coordination of Enerdata;
- Estimation of energy consumption by end-use for residential and tertiary and by type of vehicle for transport using the survey results and existing statistics based on a methodology developed by Enerdata for the project.
For the European Union, in cooperation with ADEME:
- ENTRANZE project (Policies to Enforce the Transition to nearly Zero-Energy Buildings in the EU-27): actively support policy making by providing the required data, analysis and guidelines to achieve the fast and effective penetration of nearly Zero-Energy Buildings (nZEB) and renewable heating and cooling (RES-H/C) within the existing national building stocks;
- The project intended to connect building experts from European research and academia to national decision makers and key stakeholders with a view to building ambitious and reality-proof policies and roadmaps;
- Deliverables: database, online application;
- Publications: Entranze Data Tool.
Climate Strategy / Policy Assessment
In cooperation with I4CE:
- COPEC = Coordination of European Policies on Energy and CO2 with the EU-ETS;
- Objective: Ex-post + ex-ante assessment of the EU-ETS including ongoing reform;
- Stakeholders: French Ministry of Environment (DGEC), French Ministry of Treasury, EDF, Engie, Dalkia, Veolia, Total;
- 5 thematic workshops;
- Report and dissemination (COP21, Washington, papers).
For Arcelor Mittal involving the CNRS research centre and ADEME (France’s energy agency):
- VALORCO project (Valorisation and reduction of CO2 emissions in the industry);
- Large consortium project for ArcelorMittal under coordination of ADEME, strong focus on physico-chemical processes for CO2 reduction and reuse;
- 6 POLES model custom scenarios designed and analysed by Enerdata.
- Definition of 6 scenarios.
For the UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy:
- Energy CO2 Business as Usual Emissions Projections and Marginal Abatement Cost Curve Data.
- Key deliverables are:
- Energy balances for BAU scenario (calibrated on WEO Current Policies Scenario);
- Databases for 3 MACC sets (various carbon price paths);
- Project report.
For a leading European Utility, since 2009:
- Calibration of the POLES model with the clients’ assumptions, to generate long-term global energy scenarios assessing impacts of climate constraints on ROI and on the business. Close cooperation with the client. Yearly update of scenarios and analysis.
For the African Development Bank:
- Elaboration of Electricity Infrastructure Inv. Cost reference database for Africa:
- Power generation (hydro, coal ST, gas GT+CC+ST+Engines), liquids (ST+Engines), wind, solar PV+CSP);
- Electricity transmission;
- Electricity distribution.
- Detailed assessment of 20 infrastructure projects financed by the AfDB on the African continent: power generation; electricity transmission+distribution+rural development.
- Recommendations for the AfDB to follow up and manage costs of its electricity infrastructure projects.
Investment / Risk Assessment
For a key Asian investment fund:
- The fund was looking to acquire an oil storage facility in Europe.
- Enerdata was hired to support the commercial due diligence analysis.
For the French ministry of energy: demand scenarios leveraging the MedPro model, to stress the French energy transition policies.