Total primary energy consumption (Mtoe)
The new EnerOutlook, 2020 Edition – the latest update to Enerdata's online, interactive and free application forecasting energy and climate data through 2050.
EnerOutlook is a free online application providing long-term energy trends through interactive maps and graphs.
Browse and visualise annual data from 2000 to 2050 on primary energy consumption for all energies. Access detailed forecasts for final consumption of electricity, natural gas, oil and coal, plus country snapshot, CO2 emissions, and power capacities for both renewable energies and fossil fuels. View up-to-date energy data and robust projections at the world and region levels, based on the globally recognised POLES model.
Access Projections Covering:
- On total primary and final consumption, with details for electricity and natural gas
- On CO2 emissions
- On energy and climate indicators
- Covering the whole world with 7 regional groupings
- With a new tab for snapshots on specific countries
- Including data for the period 2015-2050
- Free data export in *.xls files for advanced analysis
Some Key Figures:
- Consumption of fossil fuels will keep increasing over 2020-2050 (+4%) despite a slowly decreasing market share (-17pp).
- Gas to play a central role in fuelling power plants in Africa and Asia in the coming decades.
- Carbon content of power generation will drop in all world regions, with a reduction by 2 at global scale over 2020-2050.