Total primary energy consumption (Mtoe)
Global Energy & Climate Outlook 2050 - EnerOutlook
The new EnerOutlook, 2021 Edition – the latest update to Enerdata's online, interactive and free application forecasting energy and climate data through 2050.
EnerOutlook is a free online application providing long-term energy trends through interactive maps and graphs.
Browse and visualise annual data from 2000 to 2050 on primary energy consumption for all energies. Access global and regional forecasts for primary and final energy consumption by source, power generation and CO2 emissions and indicators. View up-to-date energy data and robust projections at the world and region levels, based on the globally recognised POLES model.
- On total primary and final consumption, with details for electricity and renewable energies;
- On CO2 emissions;
- On energy and climate indicators;
- Covering the whole world with 7 regional groupings;
- With a new tab for snapshots on specific countries;
- From 2000 to 2050;
- Free data export in *.xls files to make your own analysis.
Some Key Figures:
- Consumption of fossil fuels will peak around 2030 before dropping back to current levels by 2050, their market shares drop overall by 17%;
- Share of renewables will represent more than 50% of electricity generation worldwide in 2050, with Europe and the Americas expected to exceed 60%;
- Carbon content of power generation will drop substantially in all world regions, with a division by more than 2 at global scale over 2020-2050.