Power Generation & Renewables
Expertise in strategic and business intelligence, with fine-tuning to the market’s specificities
Enerdata helps you capture market intelligence to anticipate constant shifts in policies, technologies and competition. In addition, our experts bring you the keys to understand the current and future gap between capacities and demand and the resulting business pools in all regions and countries. From regulatory to competitive analysis, from LCOE to efficiency, electricity wholesale and final price forecast or feasibility assessments, Enerdata offers a unique 360° view to integrated companies, operators, EPCs and investors.
- Market intelligence
Leveraging hundreds of global and local sources: a large team of senior analysts is involved for desk research and cooperates with a global network of partner consultants who can conduct local field research.
- Power mix forecast
Enerdata applies a modelling/’what if’ approach leveraging our globally recognized POLES model for long time horizons. This results in an exclusive and solid outlook of power mix and fuels market share evolution, with a particularly insight dedicated to renewables.
- Build margin
Combining a high level view with our proven demand forecasting expertise, we advise our clients on where to find the best potential to develop or invest in power generation projects.
- Benchmark/performance comparison
Through its thorough power generation assets monitoring, Enerdata provides you with an exclusive and comprehensive insight into power assets’ performance both at country and plant level (production, load factor, efficiency). This enables you to benchmark your performance with your competitors and the industry.
- Viability assessment
By combining our expertise, in-house tools with a local-rooted insight from our partners all over the world, we help you determine whether a project/investment makes sense both from an energy or financial and legal point of view, (R.O.I analysis as well as the associated regulatory, policy, climate and financial risks).
- For a globally recognized Development Bank: Enerdata undertook a multi-geography analysis of power generation assets in order to assess possible options for enhancing cost management of infrastructure projects across the electricity supply chain. A cost reference database was created on:
- Generating assets [hydro, coal (ST), gas (GT, CC, ST + Engines), liquids (ST+Engines), wind, solar PV+CSP])
- Electrical transmission
- Electrical distribution
As a result of the engagement, the client was able to gain a holistic view of its assets and make informed strategic decisions related to cost management.
- For a international leading Electricity Equipment Company: Enerdata undertook an evaluation of the European power generation, transmission and distribution market:
- Value chain and market structure analysis
- Competitive analysis: players, capacities, km of lines, investments, market shares
- Advisory: business opportunities and SWOT analysis