- Global coverage (65+ countries/regions)
- Long-term (2040) energy projections based on the globally recognised POLES model
- Analysis on the evolution of international oil, gas and coal prices
- All energies covered: oil, gas, coal, electricity, biomass and CO2 emissions
- Annual demand and price forecasts by sector and energy
- CO2 emissions forecasts by fuel and sector
- Power mix forecasts (capacities and production)
Both fossil fuels and renewable energies covered
- Projections based on updated data up to 2016
- Three detailed scenarios
- 24/7 online access
- Updated historical data from 2000 - 2016
- Data available as graphs and tables for country/scenario benchmark
- Data export in .csv format to integrate your own databases and models
- User-friendly interface with unlimited MS-Excel exports
Ask about our optional modules
Ener-Blue provides an outlook of the energy system based on the successful achievement of the 2030 NDCs’ targets as announced at the COP21 and revised since then. Global energy demand increases, driven by the growth in China and other emerging countries, but NDCs enable to control the energy demand growth and CO2 emissions until 2030. These efforts are compatible with a 3-4°C objective.
This scenario describes a world of durably low fossil fuel energy prices; exploitation and production of unconventional oil and gas resources intensifies and expands globally, however confirmed energy commitments in some regions as well as technological innovation foster the deployment of renewables. Without a global agreement, global CO2 emissions soar towards a +5 °C temperature increase.
This scenario explores the implications of more stringent climate policies with countries fulfilling their NDC commitments and then regularly revising their emissions goals. Ambitious efforts are made to phase out fossil fuel subsidies and to enable a strong deployment of renewables. Under this new green deal, world emissions are divided by 2 by 2040, the global temperature increase is limited at +2°C.
Energy Demand Forecasting: Oil products consumption of transport (ktoe) over 2010 - 2040