The analysis has been realised with:
- New projections (for all EnerFuture data) including the latest developments:
- The Ukrainian crisis and its impacts on fossil fuel supply and pricing.
- Advanced in energy and climate policy, encompassing the most recent NDCs.
- Trends in electrification.
- Integration of the latest historical data up to 2021
- Fully upgraded web interface, offering an easier data access and more user-friendly experience than ever before.
- A new “Wedges” module to facilitate scenario comparisons, providing insights into the emission reduction strategies applied and the levers used.
Moreover, new developments have been implemented in the POLES-Enerdata model, including:
- Enhanced representation of the potential of heat pumps in the industrial sector.
- Expanded coverage of the district heat supply
- Reminder: in 2022, POLES model underwent a refined techno-economic approach to various energy uses in the buildings sector.
Besides the introduction and key takeaways, the Global Energy Scenarios publication details the three Enerdata scenarios including: Enerbase (+3°C), EnerBlue (+2.5°C) and EnerGreen (<+2°C), with a specific conclusion for each one.