EnerNEO is used and developed by Enerdata to assess the possible long-term evolution (up to 2050) of national energy demand and power supply under various conditions for climate and energy policies, including agreement on INDCs at the COP21. It gives a detailed quantitative assessment of energy demand by fuel, sector and sub-sectors as well as the development of power generation and capacities.
EnerNEO is a partial equilibrium simulation model of the energy sector. The simulation process uses dynamic year-by-year recursive modelling, which gives full development outcomes to various long-term horizons.
The purpose of this tool is to provide a stand-alone Excel model allowing users to create their own customised scenarios and to assess the long-term impacts of climate and energy constraints on energy demand and power production.
Besides its standard module, this Excel tool offers great flexibility through an advanced mode enabling users to define their own variables and parameters as inputs, creating customised scenarios.
- Long-term simulation of energy scenarios
- Detailed national energy consumption and power supply, integrating final energy demand and diffusion of new and renewable technologies
- Disaggregation into 15 energy demand sectors
- Full power generation system (and feedback effect on other energies)
- Electricity generation and capacities, CAPEX, LCOEs
- Over 16 technologies (power generation, transport…)
- Technology diffusion under conditions of sectoral demand and inter-technology competition based on relative costs and merit orders
- End-user energy prices taking into account climate policies and fossil fuel subsidies (optional)
- Impacts of energy prices and tax policies on energy systems
- CO2 emissions and abatement strategies
- A selection of user-friendly indicators useful for reporting and tracking progress:
- Energy security / reliability
- Energy affordability
- Energy efficiency
- Energy productivity
- Private sector: leading European energy company
- Government: United Arab Emirates, Ministry of Energy
Related Products & Solutions
Assessment of emissions reduction options for different climate / energy scenarios.