Publications

EDF EN commissions 350 MW of wind and solar capacities (Brazil)

10 Nov 2017

EDF EN has commissioned 350 MW of solar PV and wind power capacities in Brazil, including the 66 MW Ventos da Bahia wind park and two of the three phases of the Pirapora solar PV project (284 MWp so far). The Pirapora project is due to be fully commissioned in the second half of 2018 and will reach a total capacity of 400 MWp once completed.

EDF Energies Nouvelles holds an 80% stake in the Pirapora project, while the remaining 20% interest is held by Canadian Solar (CSI). The facility benefits from 20-year Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with the CCEE (Power Commercialisation Chamber), which were awarded in 2014 and 2015 following Reserve Energy Auctions.

The 66 MW Vientos de Bahia facility is run by EDF Energies Nouvelles, which acquired an 80% interest from SOWITEC (20%). The generated electricity is sold under a 20-year PPA with ANEEL. EDF also won a 20-year PPA for a 117 MW wind project under a 2015 competitive tender; the project is due to be commissioned in 2018.

Register to receive our daily newsletter


Interested in Power Plants?

Enerdata has developed a market research service to screen, monitor and analyse the development of power generation assets.

Power Plant Tracker offers an interactive database and a powerful search engine covering power plants worldwide – including both installed and planned capacities for renewables and fossil fuels.