Global Energy Trends
The COVID-19 pandemic has drawn a new landscape in the global energy demand with the worldwide economic activity reduction induced by lockdowns. Our experts followed-up and analysed attentively its impact through relevant indicators. We presented you the 2020 results and the future trends and estimates.
During this webinar, the following topics were addressed:
- The 2020 world energy balance (energy demand, by country and by energy and CO2 emissions),
- An estimate of 2021 trends,
- For 2020 and 2021, the distinction between what is related to the health crisis and the results due to structural changes,
- A perspective on the gaps between observed trends, the announced 2030 targets, long-term visions (Zero Net Emission in 2050) and the Paris Agreement,
- A list of key points to follow in 2021.
Head of Research & Innovation
THE 2050 PATHWAYS PLATFORM