Mexico has awarded several renewable power projects totalling 1,720 MW of power during the first ever private auction: seven wind and solar companies won 15-year contracts to develop the projects by 2018 and to sell power generation to the state-owned power utility Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE). The medium price of PV projects fell to around US$40.5/MWh, lower than the median price of wind projects (US$43.9/MWh).
Enel Green Power, the renewable arm of Italian energy group Enel, has been awarded the right to sign contracts for 15-year energy supply and 20-year clean certificate supply with three PV solar projects for a total capacity of 992 MW and worth US$1bn. Enel will build the 427 MW Villanueva and the 327 MW Villanueva 3 solar plants in the State of Coahuila, in northern Mexico, which should generate a total of 1.7 TWh/year. The 238 MW Don José PV solar project will be constructed in the State of Guanajuato, in north-central Mexico; it should generate around 539 GWh/year.
Four other solar projects have been awarded to SunPower, Alten Renewables, and Reccurent Energy (Canadian Solar).
Acciona Energy has been awarded 586 GWh of renewable electricity in the auction: the group will develop the El Cortijo project, a 168 MW wind park in the state of Tamaulipas by 2018.
Mexico aims to add 20 GW of renewable energy in the next 15 years.
Energy and Climate Databases
- The most comprehensive and up-to-date annual energy database.
- Monitoring of technology providers in H2 supply chain.
- Monthly energy data on key energy markets.
- The most reliable and up-to-date power generation database.
- The essentials of LNG trade at your fingertips.
- Global monitoring of new and existing refineries.
- Analyse energy consumption and efficiency trends at world level. Benchmark countries.
- Have your database developed by a recognised expert of both energy and IT.
Energy - Climate Forecasts
- Instant access to energy and emissions forecasts.
- Strategic, annual wholesale price projections backed by Enerdata's energy modelling expertise and our globally recognised POLES model.
- Wedges module showing a breakdown of the levers enabling to reduce emissions between two scenarios.
- Unique, independent projections of consumption by end-use.
- GHG Marginal Abatement Cost Curves.
- Benefit from proven models to draw your own energy scenarios and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges.
- 110 Energy and climate country reports
- A newsletter to receive the latest updates on evolving technologies and policies.
- Global energy news and analyses curated daily.
- Enerdata’s experts bring you the essentials about your market and competitors.
- Understanding key consumption trends and drivers across sectors.
- Granular and exclusive insight to address the most pressing business and strategic issues.
- Expertise in strategic and business intelligence, with fine-tuning to the market’s specificities.
Energy - Climate Scenarios
- Providing the outlook of an energy commodity in mid to long term time horizons.
- Sector and driver specific energy demand forecasting.
- Assess the evolution of energy prices on the international and regional markets, as well as end-users prices.
- Enerdata guides you through pathways to reach climate targets.
- Supporting local authorities in their decarbonisation strategies.
Climate Strategy and Policy Evaluation
- Cutting-edge quantitative tools and relevant indicators to monitor and evaluate evolutions on worldwide energy markets.
- Analysis of the most cost-effective options to reduce emissions.
- Quantified simulation and analysis of pledges for climate change negotiations.
- Breakdown and analysis of carbon markets.
- Enerdata guides you on the most beneficial policy or investment options.
- Turning climate objectives into concrete action plans.
- Understand different policy targets and measures on energy efficiency.
- How to measure energy savings?
- Energy Forecasting is a 2 days training to learn to design and interpret energy forecasts.
- Energy statistics training allowing to create energy balance with supply, transformation and consumption and understanding the international energy statistics regulations.
- Initiation to EnerMED level 1is the training to approach on the most powerful energy demand forecasting model.