Publications

Brazilian crude oil production rose by 7.8% in 2019 to over 2.7 mb/d

24 Jan 2020

According to the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP), Brazil’s oil production increased by 7.8% in 2019 to reach 1.018 Gbl (2.789 mb/d), including 634 mbl in pre-salt areas. Total gas production also increased significantly during 2019 (+9.5%).

In November 2019, international oil companies showed no interest in the Brazilian four blocks auction with total reserves estimated of 20 Gbl. Petrobras obtained a 90% participation in the block, whereas China’s CNOOC and CNODC shared the remaining 10%. Petrobras was the sole company to bid for the Itapu block. Two of the four blocks received no offer and will be sold in 2020.

Register to receive our daily newsletter


Interested in Global Energy Research?

Enerdata's premium online information service provides up-to-date market reports on 110+ countries. The reports include valuable market data and analysis as well as a daily newsfeed, curated by our energy analysts, on the oil, gas, coal and power markets.

This user-friendly tool gives you the essentials about the domestic markets of your concern, including market structure, organisation, actors, projects and business perspectives.