Monitoring energy efficiency through indicators
Energy efficiency indicators, monitoring and policy evaluation
All countries are now setting energy efficiency targets to 2020, 2030 and beyond with detailed action plans. Energy efficiency indicators are essential in order to set these targets and monitor policy impacts. Enerdata has been involved for over 20 years in the development of such indicators across sectors and end-uses in more than 50 countries worldwide (30 in Europe, 18 in Latin America, 6 in Africa and Asia).
Enerdata can help countries to answer the following questions:
- Why and how are indicators needed for setting and monitoring policy targets?
- What are the different types of indicators and what are they used for?
- What data should be collected?
- What data sources and methods (surveys, modelling) are needed to acquire disaggregated data by country?
- What is the methodology behind calculating more complex indicators?
For over 20 years, Enerdata has consistently developed its database management experience and tools regarding energy-related data as well as energy efficiency indicators. Enerdata has brought tailored solutions to several clients in order to:
- Identify the most detailed, available data
- Design appropriate key efficiency indicators
- Compile and validate data
- Deliver data sets in appropriate formats (web-oriented database, data tools, mapping etc.)
Enerdata has also developed the Odyssee database for the European Commission.