The objective of the econometric model is to forecast country-level consumption of energy commodities by sector and associated emissions under different energy and climate policy frameworks. Projections are based on econometric modelling mainly linked to economic growth and energy / carbon prices.
- Econometric approach
- Disaggregation level by main sector: industry, residential, services and transport; possibility to consider some key sub-sectors
- Sectoral energy demand is driven by three factors: prices, economic activity and energy efficiency trends
- Inter-fuel competition based on costs and policies
- Simplicity of use: models are calibrated by Enerdata experts for specific energy types, sectors and geographical zones
- Relatively simple data needs: based on historical data series, extracted from our in-house global energy database
Related Products & Solutions
Assessment of emissions reduction options for different climate / energy scenarios.