- 3 files (PDF report, 2 Excel files)
25 (Report only)
- Immediate by e-mail
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- DATA TABLES
Buy Equatorial Guinea energy report
Price without VAT. Depending on your statute and location, VAT might be applicable. Get in touch with us for more information.
After validation, you will immediately receive 3 files by email (one pdf report and 2 excel files containing the datasets).
This analysis includes a comprehensive Equatorial Guinea energy market report and updated datasets. It is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil and gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The report provides a complete picture of the country situation, dynamics, current issues and future prospects. With market data and continuous follow-up of markets news, this report brings clear and concise insights with which to tackle national energy challenges and opportunities. Browse the tabs below for a detailed table of contents, the list of graphs and tables, and details on the data files.
- Equatorial Guinea is involved in the development of a regional oil and gas pipeline network with other central African nations.
- ExxonMobil, the largest oil producer, is planning to stop oil production by 2026.
- Marathon is the main gas producer.
- Crude oil production is decreasing rapidly (-60% since 2015). Gas production rebounded by 15% in 2021 after a 27% decrease by between 2017 and 2020.
- Total energy consumption per capita is rather high compared to the other sub-Saharan African countries.
- Equatorial Guinea plans to expand its natural gas production and to become a regional hub.
- The commissioning of the 200 MW Sendje hydropower plant will increase the capacity by 60%.
Institutions & Energy Policy
Equatorial Guinea is a small country consisting of two main parts: the island of Bioko, in the Gulf of Guinea, which is where the country's capital Malabo is located; and a mainland region that is bordered by Cameroon to the north and by Gabon to the south and east.
The Ministry of Industry and Energy oversees the development and implementation of energy policies.
Segesa, Equatorial Guinea Electricity Company (62% State owned, 38% Spanish company Infinsa) is the national electric utility. In 2013 the company was unbundled.
Since 2015, production of crude oil and condensates has been decreasing rapidly, by around 14%/year to 6 Mt in 2021 (-60%). It increased dramatically following the commissioning of the first field of Alba in 1996 and then the Zafiro field, reaching a peak of 19 Mt in 2007. About 85% of the production is in the form of crude oil and 15% as condensates.
Energy consumption per capita is almost 1.5 toe, including 830 kWh of electricity (2021).
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (2021, MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2021, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (2021, TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2021, %)
- GRAPH 5: Consumption trends by energy source (2021, Mtoe)
- GRAPH 6: Total consumption market share by energy (2021, %)
- GRAPH 7: Final consumption market share by sector (2021, %)
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GDP growth, imports and exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil and gas reserves, electric and refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All are detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data including consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source and sector, and electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Single table displaying the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator.
The Equatorial Guinea energy market data since 1990 and up to
is included in the Excel file accompanying the Equatorial Guinea country report.
It showcases the historical evolution, allowing users to easily work with the data.
Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Equatorial Guinea Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Equatorial Guinea energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).