Congo energy report
This analysis includes a comprehensive Congo energy market report and updated datasets. It is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil and gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The report provides a complete picture of the country situation, dynamics, current issues and future prospects. With 2018 market data and continuous follow-up of markets news, this report brings clear and concise insights with which to tackle national energy challenges and opportunities. Browse the tabs below for a detailed table of contents, the list of graphs and tables, and details on the data files.
2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Immediate by e-mail
Price without VAT. Depending on your statute and location, VAT might be applicable. Get in touch with us for more information.
Institutions & Energy Policy
Congo is located in Sub-Saharan Africa, and is bordered by Gabon, Cameroon, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Its capital city is called Brazzaville. Its main resources are hydrocarbons, wood and minerals.
Energie Electrique du Congo (E2C) took over the activities of SNE in 2018, following the dissolution of SNE by the government.
The country has relatively large reserves of hydrocarbons (218 Mt of oil and 108 bcm of gas end of 2018) and a hydroelectric potential of almost 4 000 MW.
About 2/3 of the tropical forest (covering 60% of the surface area) are economically exploitable. The potential is estimated at 1.8 Mt.
Energy consumption per inhabitant is 0.6 toe (0.2 toe without biomass), including 290 kWh of electricity (2018).
Graph: CONSUMPTION TRENDS BY ENERGY SOURCE (Mtoe)
Graph: TOTAL CONSUMPTION MARKET SHARE BY ENERGY (2018, %)
Issues & Prospects
Following the recent commissioning of large power plants, the country now has enough generating capacities to satisfy a large part of the demand. The objective is now to modernise and develop the grid network to extend the distribution of electricity.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
Below is a list of the Congo energy market report graphs:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2018, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2018, %)
- GRAPH 5: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 6: Total consumption market share by energy (2018, %)
- GRAPH 7: Final consumption market share by sector (2018, %)
In the Congo energy market report you will find the following tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GDP growth, imports and exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil and gas reserves, electric and refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All are detailed by energy source
- Demand Indicators: Historical data including consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source and sector, and electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Single table displaying the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Congo energy market data since 1990 and up to 2018 is included in the Excel file accompanying the Congo country report.
It showcases the historical evolution, allowing users to easily work with the data.
Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Congo Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Congo energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Secured payment by