- 3 files (PDF report, 2 Excel files)
25 (Report only)
- Immediate by e-mail
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
Buy Congo energy report
Price without VAT. Depending on your statute and location, VAT might be applicable. Get in touch with us for more information.
After validation, you will immediately receive 3 files by email (one pdf report and 2 excel files containing the datasets).
This analysis includes a comprehensive Congo energy market report and updated datasets. It is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil and gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The report provides a complete picture of the country situation, dynamics, current issues and future prospects. With market data and continuous follow-up of markets news, this report brings clear and concise insights with which to tackle national energy challenges and opportunities. Browse the tabs below for a detailed table of contents, the list of graphs and tables, and details on the data files.
- Oil aimed at revitalizing its gas potential in 2021.
- Perenco and Eni are the leading producers of oil and natural gas, respectively.
- Energie Electrique du Congo (E2C) is the national electricity company.
- Oil production has been declining since a peak in 2018.
- The power capacity has nearly quadrupled since 2010.
- Total energy consumption has been growing more slowly since 2020, after a very rapid increase between 2010 and 2019.
- Several dams are planned, including the very controversial Sounda Gorge project (600 MW).
Institutions & Energy Policy
Congo is located in Sub-Saharan Africa, and is bordered by Gabon, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Its capital city is called Brazzaville. Its main resources are hydrocarbons, wood, and minerals.
Eni is the leading natural gas producer, with a production of 2bcm in 2022 (+45%).
Oil production has decreased by 19% since 2019 to 14.4 Mt in 2021; it rose by 21% in 2018 with the commissioning of several new fields (Moho Nord deep offshore, Lianzi, and Nené Marine).
In 2021, total energy consumption per inhabitant was around 0.6 toe (0.2 toe without biomass), in line with the Sub-Saharan Africa average, including 270 kWh of electricity (around 20% below the regional average).
Graph: CONSUMPTION TRENDS BY ENERGY SOURCE (Mtoe)
Issues & Prospects
Congo aims to raise its crude oil production to 300 kb/d in 2023 (+10% compared to 2022).
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2021, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2021, %)
- GRAPH 5: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 6: Total consumption market share by energy (2021, %)
- GRAPH 7: Final consumption market share by sector (2021, %)
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GDP growth, imports and exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil and gas reserves, electric and refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All are detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data including consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source and sector, and electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Single table displaying the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator.
The Congo energy market data since 1990 and up to
is included in the Excel file accompanying the Congo country report.
It showcases the historical evolution, allowing users to easily work with the data.
Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Congo Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Congo energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).