Odyssee, the European energy efficiency project
A leading, user-friendly database, Odyssee monitors energy consumption and assesses energy efficiency performance for EU countries. Odyssee is updated twice a year through a network of partners and national energy agencies in more than 30 countries.
- Coverage of 28 EU countries + Norway, Serbia and Switzerland
- User-friendly interface for data queries with the latest available data
- Detailed energy consumption data by sector and end-use
- Annual series from 1990 onwards
- Consistent data for easy country benchmark
How to evaluate energy savings?
Odyssee provides harmonised energy efficiency indicators as well as energy savings by sector.
The Odyssee database can provide:
- Indicators for energy efficiency & CO2 data
- An overall index of energy efficiency by country and sector (ODEX)
- Energy efficiency gains by sector, sub-sector and end-uses (as well as energy savings)
Need a complementary analysis on energy efficiency and energy consumption?
The Odyssee-Mure project can provide valuable tools to better understand trends in consumption as well as benchmark energy efficiency progress across Europe. Take a look at our data tools.