Japan remains the Asian country with the highest electricity and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) prices. Electricity prices in Japan have increased substantially in the post Fukushima years because of increased natural gas usage for electricity production. LNG demand and prices in Japan for the past five years have been increasing and the forecast for the next 10-15 years shows that the situation is not going to change. Several factors will affect LNG prices and demand forecasts such as the export of US gas before the end of the decade, China’s shale gas development, and more open and transparent LNG spot market trading and potential additional LNG liquidity in the market. Additionally, on top of this a rapidly ageing population in Japan and perhaps most importantly is the future of nuclear energy, a very divisive political issue. Enerdata has run three different scenarios on % nuclear power plants back online and identified the forecast outlook on the fuel mix for power generation in Japan for the next 5-10 years. The analysis shows how LNG and natural gas will still play a key role in the country’s energy mix and how large Japanese companies have found a solution to rising costs. At the same time we will have examined what opportunities are available for smaller and mid-size Japanese manufacturing companies. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive your free copy of the paper.
Energy and Climate Databases
- The most comprehensive and up-to-date annual energy database.
- Monitoring of technology providers in H2 supply chain.
- Monthly energy data on key energy markets.
- The most reliable and up-to-date power generation database.
- The essentials of LNG trade at your fingertips.
- Global monitoring of new and existing refineries.
- Analyse energy consumption and efficiency trends at world level. Benchmark countries.
- Have your database developed by a recognised expert of both energy and IT.
Energy - Climate Forecasts
- Instant access to energy and emissions forecasts.
- Strategic, annual wholesale price projections backed by Enerdata's energy modelling expertise and our globally recognised POLES model.
- Wedges module showing a breakdown of the levers enabling to reduce emissions between two scenarios.
- Unique, independent projections of consumption by end-use.
- GHG Marginal Abatement Cost Curves.
- Benefit from proven models to draw your own energy scenarios and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges.
- 110 Energy and climate country reports
- A newsletter to receive the latest updates on evolving technologies and policies.
- Global energy news and analyses curated daily.
- Enerdata’s experts bring you the essentials about your market and competitors.
- Understanding key consumption trends and drivers across sectors.
- Granular and exclusive insight to address the most pressing business and strategic issues.
- Expertise in strategic and business intelligence, with fine-tuning to the market’s specificities.
Energy - Climate Scenarios
- Providing the outlook of an energy commodity in mid to long term time horizons.
- Sector and driver specific energy demand forecasting.
- Assess the evolution of energy prices on the international and regional markets, as well as end-users prices.
- Enerdata guides you through pathways to reach climate targets.
- Supporting local authorities in their decarbonisation strategies.
Climate Strategy and Policy Evaluation
- Cutting-edge quantitative tools and relevant indicators to monitor and evaluate evolutions on worldwide energy markets.
- Analysis of the most cost-effective options to reduce emissions.
- Quantified simulation and analysis of pledges for climate change negotiations.
- Breakdown and analysis of carbon markets.
- Enerdata guides you on the most beneficial policy or investment options.
- Turning climate objectives into concrete action plans.
- Understand different policy targets and measures on energy efficiency.
- How to measure energy savings?
- Energy Forecasting is a 2 days training to learn to design and interpret energy forecasts.
- Energy statistics training allowing to create energy balance with supply, transformation and consumption and understanding the international energy statistics regulations.
- Initiation to EnerMED level 1is the training to approach on the most powerful energy demand forecasting model.