The European Parliament has backed the committee proposal for binding EU-level targets of a 35% improvement in energy efficiency, a minimum 35% share of energy from renewable sources in gross final consumption of energy, and a 12% share of energy from renewable sources in transport, by 2030.
The 35% renewable target is higher than the initial 27% target proposed by the European Commission and the Council of the European Union. EU members will have to set national targets and will be allowed to deviate by a maximum of 10% under certain conditions. Besides, the European Parliament intends to cap the contribution of first generation biofuels (made from feed crops and food) to 2017 levels with a maximum of 7% in road and rail transport, while the share of advanced biofuels and renewable-based transport fuels of non-biological origin, renewable electricity and waste-based fossil fuels is planned to be at least 1.5% in 2021 and rise up to 10% by 2030. The use of palm oil for biofuels would be banned from 2021.
Negotiations with the European Council will now start to decide on the introduction of these renewable and energy efficiency targets in EU regulations.
Energy and Climate Databases
- The most comprehensive and up-to-date annual energy database.
- Monitoring of technology providers in H2 supply chain.
- Monthly energy data on key energy markets.
- The most reliable and up-to-date power generation database.
- The essentials of LNG trade at your fingertips.
- Global monitoring of new and existing refineries.
- Analyse energy consumption and efficiency trends at world level. Benchmark countries.
- Have your database developed by a recognised expert of both energy and IT.
Energy - Climate Forecasts
- Instant access to energy and emissions forecasts.
- Strategic, annual wholesale price projections backed by Enerdata's energy modelling expertise and our globally recognised POLES model.
- Wedges module showing a breakdown of the levers enabling to reduce emissions between two scenarios.
- Unique, independent projections of consumption by end-use.
- GHG Marginal Abatement Cost Curves.
- Benefit from proven models to draw your own energy scenarios and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges.
- 110 Energy and climate country reports
- A newsletter to receive the latest updates on evolving technologies and policies.
- Global energy news and analyses curated daily.
- Enerdata’s experts bring you the essentials about your market and competitors.
- Understanding key consumption trends and drivers across sectors.
- Granular and exclusive insight to address the most pressing business and strategic issues.
- Expertise in strategic and business intelligence, with fine-tuning to the market’s specificities.
Energy - Climate Scenarios
- Providing the outlook of an energy commodity in mid to long term time horizons.
- Sector and driver specific energy demand forecasting.
- Assess the evolution of energy prices on the international and regional markets, as well as end-users prices.
- Enerdata guides you through pathways to reach climate targets.
- Supporting local authorities in their decarbonisation strategies.
Climate Strategy and Policy Evaluation
- Cutting-edge quantitative tools and relevant indicators to monitor and evaluate evolutions on worldwide energy markets.
- Analysis of the most cost-effective options to reduce emissions.
- Quantified simulation and analysis of pledges for climate change negotiations.
- Breakdown and analysis of carbon markets.
- Enerdata guides you on the most beneficial policy or investment options.
- Turning climate objectives into concrete action plans.
- Understand different policy targets and measures on energy efficiency.
- How to measure energy savings?
- Energy Forecasting is a 2 days training to learn to design and interpret energy forecasts.
- Energy statistics training allowing to create energy balance with supply, transformation and consumption and understanding the international energy statistics regulations.
- Initiation to EnerMED level 1is the training to approach on the most powerful energy demand forecasting model.