Publications

Chevron signs agreement with Equatorial Guinea for offshore block

13 Dec 2021

Chevron has signed a production-sharing agreement with the government of Equatorial Guinea for Block EG09, located in the Douala Basin on the border of Cameroon. The agreement grants Chevron 80% ownership with the national oil company of Equatorial Guinea GEPetrol holding the remaining 20%. Block EG09 was awarded to Noble Energy and GEPetrol during the country’s 2019 bid licensing round; Noble Energy was later taken over by Chevron (transaction completed in October 2020 for US$13bn).

In February 2021, Chevron achieved first gas flow from the Alen gas monetisation project. The project consists of a 70 km pipeline with a capacity of 950 mcf/d (9.8 bcm/year) that allows gas from the Alen field, located in the Douala Basin offshore Equatorial Guinea, to be processed through onshore existing facilities. 

Register to receive our daily newsletter


Do you want to become an expert on renewable energies auctions?

Discover our very detailed and regularly updated RES auctions database with worldwide coverage and a technical focus backed by academic research.

With our renewable energies auctions service you will be able to monitor auctions at a global level. Its (expanding) scope notably includes all major G20 countries and offers an especially fine tracking on Europe and South America.