- Online access
- Advanced data request and analysis interface
- Unlimited exports to Excel
- Numerous indicators for energy efficiency and CO2
- Continuous updates with the latest data
Odyssee: Energy Efficiency Database
European Energy Efficiency and Demand Database
For nearly two decades, Enerdata has been the technical coordinator of the Odyssee Project, aimed at benchmarking the energy efficiency performance of EU member countries.
Odyssee provides unique energy efficiency indicators as well as detailed energy consumption data by end use through the industry, residential, transport and services sectors, as well as underlying drivers.
What is the energy consumption by end-uses (space heating, lighting, electricity appliances, etc.) of households in a given country? What is the vehicle stock? What are the energy savings of a specific sector?
- Exclusive database
- Premium data from governmental agencies
- Unique energy efficiency indicators
- Regular updates
- Provides a wealth of information readily available
- Consistent data for easy benchmark
- No ruptured time series for easier modelling work
- Query savings to regularly fuel your model and analysis
- Annual time series
- Detailed energy consumption data by sector and end-use
- CO2 emissions (direct and indirect)
- 28 EU countries + Norway
New Online Data Query
A new online interface has been developed to enhance data query and analysis, providing an easier and more friendly data tool enabling advanced analysis.
- Service available in both English and French
- Results provided in tabs and/or graphs
- Organisation by end-use sectors
A top-down approach to capture energy savings in Europe
- The Odyssee Project has developed an index to measure energy efficiency progress by country and sector as well as for all final consumers
- ODEX by sector combines unit consumption indicators by sub-sector (or end-use or mode of transport), into one index for the sector by weighing each sub-sector index by its share in the sector’s energy consumption
- Unit consumption index by sub-sector can use different physical units so as to be as close as possible to energy efficiency evaluation: toe/m2, kWh/appliance, toe/ton, litre/100km
- ODEX is presently calculated on the basis of 26 sub-sectors (seven modes in transport, nine end-uses/equipment for households, and 10 branches in industry)
- ODEX can also be expressed in terms of volume of energy saving